This is what we're making!
Here's what you need:
- 6-10 yards of embroidery or craft thread (I had tons left over from the hair wrapping days)
- wrap thread around four fingers, until you have about a 4-6 inch tail left.
- pull thread off hand and you are left with a loop.
- using the tail, start wrapping adjacent to the loop.
- tie and tuck end into wrap.
- cut longer side of loop and trim as necessary.
Additional materials for gold dipped tassels:
- Martha Stewart liquid gilding in brass or gold
- tape off parts that you don't want painted.
- paint away!
- only the ends of the fringe were painted here!
- let dry for one hour.
What can you do with these? make the keychain below! (tutorial HERE)