This is what we're making!
Here's what you need:
- gold dipped cotton tassel (tutorial HERE)
- 6 inches of chain (a scrap of gunmetal curb chain was used here)
- 1 inch of gold wire 22 ga (for jump rings)
- brass bell
- E-6000 glue
What's not pictured:
- jewelry pliers
- additional jump rings (optional)
- toothpick (optional)
- string tassel onto chain. (using a needle will make this easier but you can do it by hand as well)
- depending on the length of the charm you want, cut chain and string ends onto an inch of gold wire.
- using pliers, create a jump ring onto key ring.
- using a jump ring, attach bell to additional chain. decide where you want your bell to fall and cut chain.
- using another jump ring, attach in between the existing two chains, to larger jump ring (gold wire jump ring).
- using Martha Stewart's brass liquid guilding, paint over the chains and bell!
I decided to put my purse lock's key on this keychain for the moment. I like the look of leather with this!