This is what we're making!
Here's what you need (what was used here):
- pair of heels (mesh heels from Zara's Basic collection)
- 4 leather tassels (tutorial HERE)
- use leather rather than cotton cord to make these!
- 3- 8mm crystal rhinestones in settings (8mm air blue opal swarovski montees)
- 3- 4mm bicone crystals (swarovski ab black diamond)
- 1 pearl bead
- 1 silver crimp bead
- crimp tool or pliers (martha stewart crimper)
- crystal line for beading
- if your heels are not of mesh material, you may substitute with a needle and thread
- lay crystals and beads into desired formation.
- mark location on shoes where you would like to place design. I marked my spot with some white eyeliner which comes off easily when finished.
- starting from the center bead, start stringing crystals onto shoes. If your shoes are not made of mesh, sew beads on. A simple running stitch will do.
- unless you are willing to punch a hole into your shoes, place tassels onto screw. screw spike on.
- with some crystal line or thread, wrap around stud two times on both sides and bring remaining ends back through mesh.
- push remaining line through mesh back to the front and string on a pearl and crystal.
- after stringing on crystal, bring line back through pearl to secure.
- you may use any additional line or thread to go over beads and crystals again or simply secure end with a crimp bead.