This is what we're making!
Here's what you need:
- Some old costume jewelry, this one was a broken necklace!
- pearls and gold seed beads
- 2 earrings posts, 2 earring backs
- crystal line (or fishing line)
- E-6000 adhesive
- 2 crimp beads
- detach pieces from necklace by opening jump rings.
- break off soldered rings by holding firmly onto piece with one hand and using pliers to bend ring backwards.
- (not pictured) using a nail file, smooth edges
- string crystal line back of piece, bring both ends to front of piece.
- bring line through pearl, seed bead and then back through pearl to "lock" beads onto piece.
- repeat stringing pearls and seed beads as many times as you would like, until you make your desired effect.
- 10 pearls and 10 seed beads were used on each piece, alternating between 5 small pearls and 5 larger ones)
- bring ends of line to back of piece and secure with a crimp bead.
- using some E-6000, glue earring post onto piece. let dry.
- although the picture shows that the post was glued to the center, it was moved to a corner instead!