this is what we're making!
Here's what you need:
- Liquid Gilding and brush
- old jewelry piece, this cuff watch was received as a party favor
- large plastic faceted beads, these were removed from a vest
- E-6000 adhesive
- gold leaf
- 2 pieces of pointed raw quartz
- gold wire 20ga
- jewelry pliers
- nail polish or jewelry sealer
- paint facets of plastic beads with liquid gilding. I did two of the same and one different centerpiece.
- when dry, apply nail polish or some adhesive where you would like to adhere gold foil.
- place gold foil on top of polish or adhesive and gently peel back, this will leave a splattered effect.
- seal gold foil with another layer of polish or jewelry sealer.
- take a 10-12 inch length of gold wire and wrap around ends of raw quartz.
- attach plastic beads onto cuff with gold wire.
- make a wire coil with jewelry pliers on both ends of beads to do this.
- using E-6000, attach wire wrapped quartz onto cuff. let dry!